The goals of Healthy Families Delaware Program are to improve birth outcomes, reduce rates of child abuse, strengthen families, enhance child health and developmental outcomes, and promote family stability and economic self-sufficiency.
- Provide assessment, prevention, and crisis intervention through home-based and family focused support services to pregnant women and their families.
- Receive training to implement the evidence-base nurse home visiting Healthy Families America model.
- Provides mentoring, parent education, support, community referrals, advocacy and case management.
- This position involves interfacing with high needs families, community resources, social service agencies and healthcare providers.
- Maintain timely documentation in agency database system and other required records in accordance with agency, state accreditation, and other requirements, policies, and procedures.
- Experience working with or providing services to children and families, an ability to establish trusting relationships, and an acceptance of individual differences, required.
- Experience and willingness to work with the culturally diverse populations present among the site’s target population.
- Knowledge of infant and child development.
- Open to (i.e. has capacity for introspection, communicates awareness of self in relation to others, recognizes value of supervision, etc.). reflective practice
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Work or related discipline with 3 years of clinical social work experience, required. Master’s Degree, preferred.
- Must have valid driver’s license, which meets the requirements of the agency’s insurance carrier and reliable transportation.
- Must be flexible, with the ability to work some evenings.
- Serving families in Kent & Sussex Counties.
- Full-time (37.5 hrs/week) with benefits.